Great care is taken to select qualified and quality professionals to nurture and teach your children at the Early Education Center.
Our Staff Requirements Include:
- 40 hours of Child Care Training
- A Current FIRST AID/CPR Certification
- Three and Four Year Old Teachers must have a Bachelors Degree
- Two Year Olds Teachers have a AA degree or CDA
- 10 hours In-Service Training Annually
- 0.5 Unit of Continuing Education or 5 Clock Hours of training in early literacy and language development Annually
Currently on Staff:
- 5 staff members hold Bachelors Degrees
- 1 staff member holds an AA Degree
- 2 staff member hold National CDA credentials
- 2 staff members have a Directors License
About the Director
Melissa Willard, EEC Director since 2004
Melissa grew up in Vero Beach, FL where she attended First United Methodist Church throughout her childhood. She attended Averett University in Danville, VA and graduated with a degree in Liberal Arts Studies with a concentration in Elementary Education. She is married with three wonderful children who all attended the EEC. Melissa currently serves on the Samaritan Center Board of Directors.